Why we collect your personal information
If you are a member of Occupational Health Nurses of the Philippines (OHNAP), Inc., we collect and maintain some basic information about you because of the following purposes:
- To create and nurture a relationship with you, so that we can continuously provide you with our services & trainings.
Where we get this information
There are several ways we collect information.
A. Information that you personally give us.
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
- Apply for our Membership by filling out Application Forms, Sunlife Insurance Forms and other similar or related documents through any of our available channels like online application of membership on the website, during Scientific Meetings, BOSH Trainings, Comprehensive trainings, National Annual Conventions, etc.
- Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request.
- Take part in our research and surveys;
- Become our Partner, Sponsor, Contractor or Supplier; and/or
- When you apply for job with us or thru the organization.
B. Information we collect from other sources
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties or other organizations and from other sources which you have given separate consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
When we disclose personal information
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose or share some of the information that you have provided to us. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is disclosed on a confidential basis, and always subject to the applicable rules and regulations of the Data Privacy Act.
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside of our association- OHNAP Inc., except in special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent for and as noted in this policy.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our affiliates as part of our regular business operations and for the provision & extension of our services. This means we might share your information with our partner companies, affiliates, organizations, or agencies; that includes;
- Sun Life Financial
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC)
- Department of Labor & Employment (DOLE)
- Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information.
How we protect your personal information
We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We keep your information only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who handle your information with strict confidentiality.
- We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our association’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected;
- We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate.
OHNAP Inc., will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Commitment, your Service Agreement or our Terms of Service, and any other purpose that you may have given your consent for.
What your choices are
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act. We would like to ensure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we have identified. At the same time, we want you to know that you do have choices and can object or withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time:
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with the OHNAP Inc., Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. In some instances, we may request for supporting documents or proof before we effect any requested changes to your personal information.
OHNAP Inc., Data Privacy Officer;
Room 246 & 248 Cityland 8 Condominium, G. Puyat Ave., Makati City
What happens when there are changes in our Policy
You will always be provided notice if these changes are significant and, if we are required by law, we will ensure to obtain your updated consent.
Appointed DATA PRIVACY OFFICER (DPO):
Vision "A nationally recognized organization for the total growth and professional development of Occupational Health Nurses"
Mission "To continuously provide opportunities to all nurses into a compleat Occupational Health Nurses"