Frequently Asked Questions
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Pay your membership fee thru our BPI Account amounting to Php 450.00 with Savings Account 1433-0012-45 OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSES ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES, INC. or OHNAP Inc. (Our membership Fee is valid for 1 year amounting to Php 300.00 & the additional Php 150.00 is for return to sender- we will be sending the ID Card & your Official Receipt.) If you happen to drop by at the Ohnap Office, please pay the membership fee amounting to P300.00 only. Please call the office for an appointment.
2. Once deposited, send it back to us via courier with your Photocopy of PRC License, Original deposit slip, accomplished Ohnap Membership Form & Sunlife Group Insurance Form which can be downloaded on our website,www.ohnap.ph (downloads) or you may click the link attached: http://ohnap.ph/Account/Downloads
3. Send it to: OHNAP Inc. Room 248 Cityland Condominium 8, Makati City.
4. You may follow up your application by calling 8402211 or 8943049 after submitting all the requirements mentioned above.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COHN (Certified Occupational Health Nurse)
Eligibility Requirements & Certification Process:
Interested applicants for COHN must apply to the Specialty Board through OHNAP Secretariat on or before December 31 of each year. The Specialty Board will screen the applicant on the following:
1. Must be a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
2. Must have taken the Post Graduate Course for Basic Occupational Health & Safety for Nurses (under OHNAP Inc.)
3. Must have attended at least three (3) Conventions with OHNAP within five (5) years of Active Membership.
4. Must have earned a minimum of sixty (60) contact hours of Scientific Meetings within five (5) years; 80% of which must be taken from OHNAP.
5. Must be Active & with continuous membership to OHNAP for five consecutive years upon application.
6. Must present an updated PRC license/ card.
7. Must be currently employed as Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental practitioner.
8. Must have at least five (5) years experience as Occupational Health Nurse.
9. Must have attended an Advance Course in Occupational health & Safety for Nurses offered by Occupational Health Nurses Association of the Philippines (OHNAP), Inc.
(Future Plan- Must have at least 12 credit units towards a Masters Degree in the field of Nursing).
- The applicant will submit the required research study & pay the processing & examination fee to the Specialty Board.
- He or She must take the oral & written examination.
- All applicants will be notified of the schedule and results of the examination.
- Successful candidates will be conferred the title Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) during the Annual Convention of OHNAP. They will pay the conferment fee to cover the cost of gown rental, certificate & other miscellaneous expenses.
- The Treasurer of the Specialty Board will collect all fees in connection with OHNAP Certification as well as renewal of Certificates.
Renewal of COHN:
- The Certificate granted is valid for a period of three (3) years & must be renewed every three (3) years thereafter.
- The COHN must have earned a minimum of 40 contact hours (30 contact hours must be taken from OHNAP & 10 contact hours from other sources related to Nursing).
- The COHN will pay a renewal fee upon presentation of Certificate of Attendance; submit 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 picture to the Specialty Board Treasurer.
Penalty for Non-Renewal of COHN Membership Fee - 10% penalty will be imposed to those who failed to renew their COHN Certificate within 3 years & it shall take effect on year 2001.
1. Failure to comply the requirements to renew the Certificate within five (5) years means temporary suspension of the title.
2. The COHN holder has the option to complete the required credit units or re-take the examination under the same procedures as a new applicant for conferment of COHN title.
3. After five (5) years of Non-Compliance to the requirements of the Specialty Board, the title will be completely revoked.